Double Major and Minor
Click here to access the web page of the Double Major Committee.
Double Major Committee Members
- Ahmet Beyaz
- Canan Bozkaya
- Semra Öztürk (Chair)
Mathematics Double Major Program
The double major program includes all courses of the undergraduate curriculum of the Department of Mathematics. Admitted students will be exempt from Math 153, Math 154 and Math 115.
Mathematics Minor Program
The program includes the following package of courses:
- Math 119, Math 120 (or Math 117-118), Math 261, Math 262, Math 251, Math 252, Math 349 and
- Two courses from Mathematics Department with codes 3xx or higher, subject to the approval of the Department of Mathematics.
NOTE: Department of Mathematics determines the quota for each semester and students are admitted by the Department of Mathematics Committee of Minor and Double Major according to the this quota and the criteria given below.
Criteria for the Applicants to the program(s)
- See Criteria of the METU for the applicants to any double major & minor programs
- A minimum grade of BB (CB for the Minor program) from the first year Calculus courses (Math 117-118 or Math 119-120)
- Ranking with respect to CGPA
How to apply to the program(s)
- Review the information and instructions on METU Registrar's office application and admission web page for double major & minor programs
- Submit your application online and prepare the required documents as instructed here.